Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Basement - Furniture Procurement

Here's where I'm at with basement furniture procurement.  Kat and I managed to wrangle a dresser and chair home today in the subcompact rental car. 
Ikea's Hemnes 3-drawer dresser - unassembled and flat packed for shipping


Hemnes 3-drawer dresser after magical elves work overnight

Skruvsta chair from catalogue
After modest assembly - only 3 more to bring home in a small rental!

But now I'm conflicted.  The matching Hemnes TV stand is supposedly sold out in the larger size I want and the prognosis for new stock is uncertain at this time.  Do I wait to see if it will ever come in stock again or do I buy the smaller stand, let the TV hang over a bit or buy a smaller TV?  Decisions....

The larger Hemnes TV stand that is out of stock for an undetermined amount of time

The smaller Hemnes cabinet that will comfortably hold a TV smaller than 42 inches
Tomorrow I go back and load the car up again - table legs, table frame, 3 more chairs and possibly the smaller TV cabinet.  Friday is couch and table surface day!

Onward and upward.

Previous basement update here
First basement post here
Next basement post here

Astrid

No comments:

Post a Comment