Monday, November 8, 2010

Getting Little Lamb Home

We took possession of Little Lamb this afternoon.  We met up at Frazer's Pub on Packard Street for lunch and the transfer. 

I ordered a plate of chicken nachos and a huge mess was delivered to the table - and once again, I forgot my "job" and didn't take any food pictures - Duh!  The service was friendly but REALLY slow.  Food was OK.

After we had our fill or bar food, the men transferred lamb from Jim's cooler to our cooler.


Packed it into Elmer's cool Mustang Convertible and drove back to the office. 


The cooler was transferred to the bike trailer and peddled home.







Little Lamb turned out to be very auspicious - the Blue Ribbon winner at a Michigan county fair!  As I learned today, this means that the lamb is a bit larger than average lambs and a little leaner.  The hanging weight from the butcher was 90 pounds.

Phew!  What a day!

Astrid

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a lot to tote! Enjoy!

    This was the recipe I used for the seven-hour lamb you saw on the Simmer blog - I think I made it pretty much as written except with fennel instead of turnips. And whole cherry tomatoes instead of canned ones. I don't think either change mattered much, the technique is the main thing.

    http://mzkitchen.blogspot.com/2007/02/seven-hour-leg-of-lamb.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jael...I'm going to start defrosting the leg of lamb. I'm super excited to give it a try.

    Astrid

    ReplyDelete