Sunday, October 17, 2010

Day 18 - Another Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

I'm not sure if the sky could be any bluer or the air any more crisp.  This has been the most incredible October.

Breakfast - 2 eggs sort of scrambled in the microwave. Beats cleaning a pan!
Lunch - cup of homemade chili see recipe here

Dinner - Swiss chard quiche from Muffin Tin Mania I did substitute cheddar cheese for goat!  I also may have chopped up more than 2 cups of chard so I put the chard into 12 cups along with a few shreds of cheese and then added the 6 eggs and 1/3 cup of milk.  Baked for 20 minutes as directed. I'm thinking breakfast is ready for Monday.  I had 3 little quiche plus extra raw chard and a bit of left over roasted kale.

Tonight, Craig and I biked a few miles across town to our Sunday night dance class.  We agreed that if we at least learn the basic foxtrot, we'll call it success.  Dancing is harder than it looks!  I forget if we've already had 3 or 4 lessons but we seem to be stymied with the whole "turn the corner" thing.  We manage to zigzag back and forth along the long axis of the room, then we trip and stumble turning the corner, then a short run and then another embarrassing corner turn.  It's always a relief to restart along a long wall.

Astrid

No comments:

Post a Comment