Saturday, October 9, 2010

Day 10 - In the Groove

The breakfast of champions!  28 grams of cashew pieces and coffee  - 160 calories.  That will keep me distracted until lunch.  I find it helpful to measure my food every now and then to remind me what an ounce/28 grams looks like.  And it's not a very big handful.  I have big hands and I could probably scoop up twice as much if I use a "hand" as a guide.

Lunch at North Side Grill on Broadway.  Had a bowl of chili, a few fries, a bite of pancake, a taste of corned beef hash, and some hash browns.  Tasting is going to do me in!

Dinner was a few leaves of swiss chard rolled up with homemade pesto.  We grew the basil and chard.  Also had a bowl of soup made from some end of the season tomatoes and carrots.
To make the soup, in a Vitamix or other high speed blend - add left over, marginal tomatoes and a wilted carrot or 2, a handful of raw cashews, clove of garlic, sprinkle of curry powder, and a splash of olive oil.  Blend until smooth.  Simmer on low, stirring occasionally.  Serve hot or cold.  I re seasoned with more curry powder, salt, pepper, and a few red pepper flakes for my bowl.

The blender container was about 3/4 full with chopped vegies and not even half full when pureed.  So this made a little less than 4 cups which I turned into 4 servings.


Astrid

No comments:

Post a Comment