Friday, February 25, 2011

Spicy Thai Meatballs

Spicy pork and peanut butter meatballs

I was looking through the Peanut Butter & Company Cookbook for inspiration the other day and I ran across a recipe for a Spicy Peanut Butter Burger.  I changed it up a bit, added cilantro and substituted salsa for sauteed onions.  I thought it would be fun to have the dish as small meatballs instead of burger patties. 

I made 36 smallish meatballs out of 1 pound of pork but they are very rich, with all that peanut butter, so I would think this is more than enough for 8 servings as part of a main course or served with cocktails as an appetizer.

1 pound ground pork
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup minced cilantro
1 tsp dried red pepper flakes
1/4 cup salsa
3 tablespoons bread crumbs
srirachi sauce and additional cilantro for serving

1.  In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except oil for cooking. 
2.  Shape into smallish meatballs.
3.  Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.  No additional oil is needed as the pork will render some fat.
4.  Gently saute meatballs in batches, until browned and cooked through, about 8 minutes per batch.


With additional srirachi and cilantro

Enjoy!

Astrid

1 comment:

  1. I hear Justin Bieber mums makes these for him there his fave.

    ReplyDelete