|Fudge with Skittles|
Kathrin requested a packable/transportable, none heat sensitive party food for an event coming up. Fudge is great for this sort of thing - a dense food that packs small and not to delicate that it will get squashed.
This is another really quick and easy recipe that has many variations.
18 ounces of chocolate - white, sweet, dark, a combination, chips, bar, whatever, just weigh it out
1 can of sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
1 tsp of vanilla
A handfull of mix-ins or toppings if desired. I used Skittles
1. Line a square pan with aluminum foil or waxed paper. I used an 8X8 inch pan. Set aside
2. Stir condensed milk in a bowl with the chocolate
3. Microwave milk and chocolate on high for 1 minute. Stir.
4. Mircrowave for another minute. Add vanilla and mix-ins.
5. Pour into prepared pan, spread a bit smooth with a spatula.
6. Top with toppings, if using.
7. Cover loosely and refrigerate for a few hours to firm up.
8. Pull loose from pan using the paper. Pull paper away from slab of fudge. Cut into squares.
9. Store covered in a cool place. Stays fresh for a few days.
|Condensed milk and chocolate|
|After one minute in the microwaved, stir|
|After a second minute in the microwave|
|Spread mixture in pan and gently press in a few toppings|
|After sitting in fridge overnight, pull from pan and loosen wax paper before cutting|
|Use a sharp knife to cut into squares|
|All wrapped up and ready to go|
The package is all ready to party. See this link for an easy peanut butter fudge recipe, also made in the microwave http://carfreeinannarbor.blogspot.com/2010/12/peanut-butter-fudge.html