Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's Resolution


Early Happy New Year's everyone. 

I'm starting my New Year's resolution today - I just joined the Weight Watcher's online program for 3 months.  I have 16 pounds to loose....not a huge amount but I don't have many clothes left that fit and the few that fit aren't that flattering. 

Yesterday I was at a friend's house for tea and she showed me a picture of her younger sister who lost weight on the Program and she looks amazing.  I visited with the younger sister over the summer with her young son and she was carrying a few extra pounds.  And now...all I can say is Wow.  I am so inspired.

I bought the 3 month online package for $55. 

I won't use this blog to actively track my progress or inundate you with the minutia of Weight Watchers,  possibly you won't even notice that the recipes have changed on the blog, but I need to do this for myself.  I find it hard to not over eat - I enjoy food, cooking, meal times etc and a blog that has a food component is not the key to weight loss success....not for me anyway. 

Earlier in the blog I tried to loose weight following the South Beach method but I don't seem to do well on my own - it's embarrassingly so.  I need a community.  Driving to a weekly meeting doesn't feel right anymore but I'm hoping that the new online tools will feel like a community and keep me motivated. 

My weigh-in days are Sunday.  I've done Weight Watchers a few times over the years, especially after birthing my little pups.  I've been an active member 5 times - once after every birth (read 50 pounds times 4) and then once last year when the program was offered at work.  Now I"m just settling into middle age, as in no more pregnancies,  and weight is settling around my middle. 

The times when I've been an active member, my weight loss was best when the meeting was on Sunday.  The worst was the Thursday weigh in day.  Something about the idea that weekends are a rest day didn't help my progress.  When the meeting was on Sunday afternoon, I didn't feel compelled to "cheat".  Why is Monday the proverbial start for everything?

Enjoy the last day of the year - may the best of last year be the worst of the new year.

Astrid

PS - in case you are inspired to join, here is the Weight Watcher's website http://www.weightwatchers.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment