Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Rum Cake


A gazillion years ago I found a Bacardi rum cake advertisement/recipe in a women's magazine that I've made every now and then over the years.  It's really good and easy.  Last year, a coworker had brought back a rum cake from the islands, which she shared at the office.  Which led to discussion of food and recipes.  I mentioned that rum cake wasn't hard to make and found an on-line version of my recipe at Pioneer Woman's website
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/12/christmas-rum-cake/ which is exactly the same as my old magazine version.

This morning, a slice was delivered to my cube, which I hid out-of-sight-out-of-mind until quitting time.  Once home, I took pics and posted to the blog. It's been a long time since I've enjoyed a little slice of heaven.

I found my version of the recipe in a binder that I keep but unfortunately, there wasn't a date on the bottom of the page.  I'm thinking I was making this before my kids were born so I've been making this for at least 18 years.

Thanks Bacardi, Pioneer Woman, and especially Patty!

Astrid

No comments:

Post a Comment