Monday, November 8, 2010

Festive Holiday Red Raspberry Liquor




My friend Elmer shared a bottle of homemade Red-Raspberry Liquor that he prepared using his own garden raspberries.  After enjoying a glass this weekend, I demanded the recipe!

In a clean 1 gallon glass jar, add:
Raspberries to fill up the jar (I bet frozen would work as well as fresh but haven't tried it)
3 cups of sugar
fill jar full with vodka

Place the cap on but not too tight and let sit in a dark, cool, dry corner for a few months.

Strain first through a wire-mesh strainer and then through cheese cloth.  Pour into sterilized jars.  Give to grateful friends (like me!).

I have a little bit left and I'm saving it for Thanksgiving.   Maybe with a bit of sparkling something- champagne or cut with a splash soda water. 

Astrid



No comments:

Post a Comment