Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Dinner - Pasta Night


One pan mac and cheese
I made my favorite Mac&Cheese tonight for dinner.  See my previous recipe here http://carfreeinannarbor.blogspot.com/2010/09/my-favorite-mac.html


I too, recognize the irony of organic pasta paired with Velveta..but sometimes a mother's got to do etc.you know the quote.

Equal measures of pasta and milk in a pan

A chunk of cheese - choose a flavor

Over low heat, stir until the pasta cooks and absorbs the milk.  This will take 15-20 minutes.  Take your time, go slow, do not leave the area, keep an eye out.  You don't want a boil-over, scorched milk or solid mass of noodles.  Gently stir every few minutes. When the milk is warming, turn up the heat and simmer gently.  Add cheese.



Keep stirring, add salt and pepper.  Enjoy



I had left-over butternut squash soup.  See recipe here http://carfreeinannarbor.blogspot.com/2010/10/roasted-squash-soup.html

The kids also had chicken nuggets and fruit smoothie.  A Perfect Meal.

Astrid

No comments:

Post a Comment