Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sleep-Overs and Pancakes, the joys of childhood


Roman and Jake enjoying breakfast
Regular pancakes (nothing healthy or redeeming about these) -makes 8 big cakes
In a medium bowl, add and whisk:
2 eggs
2 cups milk
4 tbls oil

Stir in:
2 cups flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbls baking powder
1 tsp salt

Over medium-high heat, using a nonstick pan with a little oil, cook pancakes one at a time until brown on each side.  I like to place the pancakes on a sturdy plate and when the cakes are all cooked, warm the plate with pancakes in a microwave for a minute to reheat and ensure the cakes are all cooked through.  Serve and enjoy!



I use a GreenGourmet Cuisinart nonstick pan.  The nonstick coating is a ceramic product, petroleum free (no PTFE or PFOA).  The handle is 70% recycled stainless steel and the packaging is 100% recycled.

I've owned the pan for 6 months and so far it has worked beautifully.  After my last non-stick pan started peeling, I swore them off and cooked exclusively with stainless but wow is that messy!  Or very oily!  Craig found these pans at Amazon.  I'm curious to see if the coating holds up and if there is an eventual backlash just like other nonstick pans.

Off to bake bread, think I'll try 4 loaves this time! 

Astrid

No comments:

Post a Comment