Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Kale Salad

Kale salad before mixing

Clean and strip out the thick center stalk of each kale leaf.  In a large bowl, pour a few swigs of extra virgin olive oil over the kale leaves, and with your hands, massage the oil into the leaves.

Let the kale mingle with the olive oil for a bit while you prepare the rest of your meal.

Add in a few more veggies, if desired.  Today I added some shredded carrots and chopped cucumber. 

Pour over a few spoons of balsamic vinegar, garlic salt, and pepper to taste.  Combine.  I use my hands, it's easier.

----------------
update - a week or so later, I made a fancier version for Halloween, see here http://carfreeinannarbor.blogspot.com/2010/11/halloween-kale-salad.html


This includes a bit of Parmesean cheese and roasted pumpkin seeds.  I love how this recipe keeps so well for a day or so.


Astrid

No comments:

Post a Comment