Monday, September 27, 2010

Curry Tomato Soup



This turned out fantastic - warm, creamy and flavorfull.  If I wasn't feeding little people, I would have added a jalapeno pepper for some added zip....

I was also cleaning out my fridge and made this on the spur of the moment.  A good soup thrown together from leftovers is a beautiful thing.

In a Vitamix or other high speed blender, add:

6 large tomatoes (cored and some of the seeds removed)
1/2 yellow onion
bit of garlic to taste
1/2 inch or so of peeled gingerroot
handfull of cilantro
1/2 can of Thai coconut milk
squirt of lemon or lime juice
salt, pepper, curry powder to taste

Blend until smooth, simmer to reduce a bit and to mellow the flavors.  Made about 4 servings.

Astrid

1 comment:

  1. I really appreciate this post and information as well, I never seen such type of post thanks a lot for sharing with us. . .
    office relocation services mumbai.

    ReplyDelete