Sunday, February 6, 2011

Peanut Butter Goodness

Chocolate coverd peanut butter balls
I've used this Imperial Sugar recipe for peanut butter balls, or aka Buck Eyes, for years.  Some recipes just seem to have staying power.  My mother-in-law, Eileen, made these every Christmas, and I would pounce on them with abandon that was embarrasing!


Tonight, my boys are going to a friends house to watch the Super Bowl game and I'm thinking they need to take along a fabulous snack.  Thanks to Imperial Sugar and Grandma, I know just what to pack for a walk in the snow.

1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup smooth peanut butter ( I used 2 cups)
2 cups chocolate to dip balls


Gradually beat suagr into peanut butter until smooth.

Shape into 1 inch balls.




Chill for several hours.

Melt chocolate in the microwave for 1 minute.  Stir


 Microwave for another minute.


Dip balls into chocolate and place on waxed paper.  Chill.


The recipe quantity is 24 balls but I managed 33 balls, with the extra peanut butter. 

Cheers to whom ever wins the Super Bowl game tonight.

Astrid

Weight Watchers: I didn't calculate the PointsPlus for these until well after I made them.  Deep down inside I knew they were "bad"!  I thought maybe 2 points, 3 at most.  NO...sit down....these evil little snacks are 5 POINTS EACH!!!  I'm taking a deep breath, trying to remember how many I had last night, and it's not pretty. (I calculated the points with the quantities I used including the 2 cups of peanut butter)

No comments:

Post a Comment