Saturday, February 5, 2011

Biscotti

Almond biscotti
This morning, right after we finished washing our basement walls as part of the basement improvement project, my good friend Nina brought by a plate of fresh baked almond biscotti.  Is there anything better than fresh baked cookies?  Nina's husband Lorenzo, who baked the cookies, has Italian heritage and goes on a weekend cooking binges, with lots of Italian flare! 

I quick made a fresh pot of coffee and enjoyed a biscotti.  As I was dipping cookie into coffee and enjoying the warmth, I was remember the line from Where the Wild Things Are..."and his dinner was still warm".  Just like the biscotti, still warm!  Thanks so much Nina and Lorenzo.

If you're interested in the recipe, leave a message or send me an email and I'll get Lorenzo to do a guest post!

Astrid

No comments:

Post a Comment