|After cooling in baking pan|
|Right out of the oven|
Today I've prepared her carrot cake, and yes, it's only 5 ingredients. Brilliant!
A while back I prepared her almond cake here and I've tucked the recipe away for future use, as well as this adaptation of carrot cake. These recipes are keepers.
|Four of 5 ingredients - eggs, almonds, carrots, veggie oil. Plus brown sugar.|
|Vitamix 5200 making short work of turning raw almonds into meal|
250g (8 1/2 oz) brown sugar1. Preheat your oven with a baking sheet on the middle shelf to 180C (350F).
1/2 cup vegetable or peanut oil
250g (8 1/2 oz) almond meal
250g (8 1/2 oz) carrots, coarsely grated
2. Line a 20cm (8in) spring form cake tin with baking paper. Grease the base and side with a little oil.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the sugar and oil.
4. Add eggs, one at a time mixing to combine. Stir in almond meal and carrots.
5. Pour cake mixture into the prepared tin and level off with a spoon.
6. Bake for 1 hour, or until the top is golden and feels firm to the touch. Cool in the tin.
Next time I will shredd the carrots a little finer and grind the almonds a little more. Thanks Jules, a fantastic recipe - veggies and desert all in one, a keeper.