Thursday, September 30, 2010

Day 1 South Beach Diet Dinner



I had 2 overeasy eggs cooked in olive oil, salad greens, and a salad dressing that I threw together.

Like the Snack Buddy (almond butter and celery), I need to consult the book.  I haven't done South Beach in a few years and forget the details.  Today I did not eat any obvious bread or sugar.

Hopefully Phase I Salad Dressing:
In a Vitamix or high speed blender, mix
1/4 cup tahini
1.4 cup white miso paste
few tablespoon of lemon juice
garlic
ginger
soy sauce
pepper
handfull shredded carrots
swig of sushi vinegar
swig of olive oil

Blend on medium high speed for a minute.  I would guess that this makes at least 4 servings at 100 calories each.  I haven't done the math for sure but it feels about right.

I added a sprinkle of hot red pepper flakes to my serving and did not need any additional salt.

Today felt pretty good, as is usual on the first day of a new diet.  full of intent and enthusiasm.  I did not eat anything that I didn't think was on the list.  I did not over eat.  So far so good.

Astrid

No comments:

Post a Comment