Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Zoup


It really helps me out when restaurants prominently display the nutrition information, or better yet, go one step further and calculate Weight Watcher points!  Zoup recently upgraded their nutrition information from Points to PointsPlus, for which I'm very greatful.

There is a Zoup location just around the corner from my office.  It's not the cheapest place to eat lunch but it's very nearby, great tasting soup, and nutritional information is readily available. 

I've been going once a week with an office friend, as we are both on the Weight Watcher's program.

Today I enjoyed a 12 ounce serving of Chicken Tortilla soup - "roasted chicken in a tomato broth with chiles, red and green peppers, corn and seasonings.  Garnished with crispy tortilla chips."  I've ordered this soup whenever I see it on the daily rotating menu and I've never had it served with the tortilla chips. 

Chicken Tortilla soup

The soup is still deliciously spicy with lots of white meat chicken. 

Chicken Tortilla Soup

There are a few things that I don't like about Zoup...

1) bread comes with every meal and there's no discount for not taking the bread - a hunk of bread is 4 PointsPlus, and

2) an 8 ounce serving, for which the nutritional information is calculated, is labelled "side", while a "cup" is actually 12 ounces.  Unless you're really paying attention, you could very easily mistakenly order a 12 ounce, thinking you're eating 8 ounces.  What's up with the name game?

I'll continue to eat at Zoup because it's easy on the WW program and the soup is good, but I harbor some bad feelings!  In the meantime, I'll continue to give the bread to a coworker who feeds the bread to birds in his neck of the woods!

Astrid

No comments:

Post a Comment