Saturday, December 25, 2010

Drying Laundry Next to the Wood Stove

Drying laundry, boots and mittens in front of the wood stove
The wood stove, besides providing heat and a cooking surface, also provides dry heat to dry wet mittens, boots and laundry.  Fire code requires a nonflammable area in front of the stove, which turns out to be a nice area to lay down wet clothes from sledding and other outside winter activities.  We try to limit the gas clothe dryer use by hanging laundry near the wood stove.  It looks a little like Little House in the Prairie but sure feels nice and cozy.

I added an Amazon link to what looks like my drying rack that I purchased from Amazon a few years ago.  I'm not sure if it's the same one but mine resembles the add on the left.

Astrid

1 comment:

  1. Hi Astrid

    I recently bought the laundry rack you showed in your post. It came yesterday and it works wonderfully - I did a load of laundry to try it out. Thanks for the great suggestions. Love the blog.

    ReplyDelete