|Curried lentils and rice|
1 cup dried green lentils
1 big handful baby carrots
1/2 cup white rice
4 tsp olive oil
1 medium onion
|Rice, lentils, curry powder, fennel seeds, baby carrots, onion|
2. Add rice, cover and continue to gently simmer for another 20 minutes or so. When the rice and lentils are tender and the water has been absorbed, cover and turn off heat.
3. Shred carrot and finely chop onion.
4. Heat oil in another sauce pan and saute onions and carrots.
5. When the onions and carrots are soft, add fennel seeds and curry powder. Stir and continue to cook over low heat.
6. When both pans are done cooking, add the onion-carrot mixture to the lentil-rice mixture. Season with salt, pepper and more curry powder to taste.
|A small diced onion and a handful of shredded baby carrots|
|Sauteing onion and carrots in 4 teaspoons of oil|
|Onions, carrots, and spices coming along nicely|
|Rice and lentils are tender and the water is almost absorbed|
|this made 6, one cup servings|
I think this would freeze well. Next time I might double the recipe and freeze in serving sized portions to take for lunch at the office.