Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Niagara Falls in the Winter of 1911

Niagara Falls circa 1911

A blogger from Australia, Dana of YellowTrace posted this back in May 2010, amazing pictures of Niagara Falls frozen over in 1911.  For more photos, see here http://yellowtrace.com.au/blog/2010/05/06/design-free-thursday-niagara-falls-in-1911/  We're having a bit of a cold snap in Michigan (10F) but it can't be anything like what it would take to freeze the Falls.  A good reminder of relativity.

Dana posts the most interesting things on her blog, see YellowTrace here http://yellowtrace.com.au/blog/  Here's a bit about her
Hello and welcome to yellowtrace. I am so happy to see you here. My name is Dana and I am an interior designer who lives and works in Sydney, Australia.
I divide my time between working on high profile projects with an esteemed architecture & design practice, and crafting boutique interiors as a principal of yellowtrace. I am drawn to inspiring, meaningful and enduring environments and experiences, frequently stepping off the beaten path to discover the unexpected for my clients. My work has been shortlisted for a number of awards, and has been published both locally and internationally.
This blog is a little online space where I share my love for great design and clever people. I am passionate about celebrating good design in all it’s forms – my mission is to share as much as possible by showcasing established and emerging talent in the areas of interiors, architecture, art, fashion, photography, lifestyle and anything else that is worth knowing about.
You can read a little bit more about me in my first post, or find out what inspires me by clicking here. I’ve been asked by a few readers how I came up with the name “yellowtrace”. Should you have the same question, you can find the answer by reading this post.

Enjoy and stay warm.

Astrid

No comments:

Post a Comment