Monday, September 6, 2010

Fruit Smoothie

With a somewhat large family, I find myself having to wait for my "computer time".  How about you?  Is your family online and connected to the outside world?

Preparing a family-sized smoothie for lunch
Today for lunch, I loaded up the Vitamix 5200 container with fruits and veg.  In the mix today from bottom to top: a handfull of chopped celery, 2 handfulls of baby spinach leaves, 1 large green apple cored and quartered, and several handfulls of frozen strawberries.  Then I filled the container half-way full of water and let her rip on high.  This simple recipe made more than 5 8-ounce servings (a little left over).

The smoothie ready for lunch along with a salad and guacamole

The blender smoothie is a great way to get vegies into a family.  This particular combination tastes sweet - no one in the family guessed celery and spinach...although it's not as pretty a pink color with the greens added to the mix.

Enjoy!
Astrid

1 comment:

  1. This is an informative and interesting post for I think it is very useful and knowledgeable. Thanks for sharing. . .
    safe packers.

    ReplyDelete