Sunday, September 19, 2010

Cinnamon Swirl Bread

Bread, fresh out of the oven - can't wait till they cool a bit
I used my standard whole wheat bread recipe http://carfreeinannarbor.blogspot.com/2010/09/relaxing-saturday.html (times 3) and turned it into cinnamon swirl bread, at the request of my daughter (always wanting something a little sweet!).

For a change, I added black strap molasses instead of honey to the mix.  After the first rising, I rolled 1/3 of the dough out and poured on a few tablespoons of melted butter, sprinkled on cinnamon and brown sugar.  Rolled up the dough, long ways and placed dough into a greased pan, seam side down.  The two loaves destined for sandwiches went into 4X8 loaf pans and the cinnamon swirl breakfast bread into a 3X11 tea loaf.

Triple recipe - 2 standard loaves and 1 cinnamon swirl in a tea loaf pan
The cinnamon swirl bread came out of the oven smelling magnificent!  Warm, soft, and sweet (and 100% whole wheat!). 

Unfortunately, there were huge tunnels in the cinnamon bread when sliced.  The slice still tasted fantastic but now as pretty as I had hoped.  But breakfast is set for a few days.
Unexpected tunnels - still tastey but not as pretty

Astrid

1 comment:

  1. I am glad to visit your blog. I am happy to find your distinguished way of writing the post. Thanks for posting. . .
    movers and packers vizag.

    ReplyDelete