Saturday, February 19, 2011

Nissan LEAF - one step closer

The interior looks really cool!  hope the steering wheel is on the left for America...

I received an email from Nissan LEAF the other day letting me know that it's time to have my electricity checked...and of course I'm paraphrasing.  Unless I change my Nissan LEAF Reservation Profile by March 1, 2011, Nissan LEAF will forward my house address to my local utility for verification procedures. 

Astrid, to ensure safe and uninterrupted electric service, Nissan plans to share your LEAF™ purchase decision and your street address with your local utility beginning next month. The utility will use this information strictly for service planning. Your information will not be shared, sold or used for any other purposes. If you are unwilling to share your address, simply edit your profile to decline this option before March 1, 2011.
I'm not sure what this means exactly?  Does Nissan think that I might have misinformed them that I live in a house without electricity?  Does Nissan think that my utility provider DTE (Detroit Edison) is not capable of providing appropriate services once I get an electric car? 

I didn't change my Reservation Profile so my address will be forwarded to DTE on March 1, 2011.  I'm curious to see where this goes!

Astrid

No comments:

Post a Comment